Sephora reaches 100% renewable energy for its U.S. stores, distribution centers and corporate offices as part of its continued action to cultivate sustainable practices
This fall, in its continued commitment to the planet through its ongoing sustainability practices, Sephora is proud to announce it has reached 100% renewable energy for its U.S. stores, distribution centers and corporate offices, with the goal of reducing GHG emissions. This new benchmark is one several new public sustainability efforts including a public chemicals policy for Sephora partners and suppliers, and an expansion of the Clean at Sephora offering, a destination for Sephora shoppers to educate and shop products formulated without certain ingredients.
RENEWABLE ENERGY & EFFICIENCY
• Sephora North America is focused on its emissions reduction in two ways – reducing consumption and transitioning to renewable energy.
• Sephora is reducing its energy use and increasing energy efficiency in various ways, including investing in LED lighting in all stores, smart timing usage and updated efficient heating and cooling systems in new retail locations.
• As of this fall, all Sephora U.S. stores, distribution centers and corporate offices are powered by 100% renewable energy and in 2020 Sephora will be investing in solar panels for their newest distribution center located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
PUBLIC CHEMICALS POLICY and CLEAN at SEPHORA
• As industry leaders, Sephora believes it’s their responsibility to help aid shoppers in making educated and informed decisions about the products they purchase based on their interests and personal preferences. Clean at Sephora is a new discovery platform that highlights brands meeting the retailer’s standards of formulating products without certain ingredients (listed here), which helps the client navigate Sephora’sexpansive assortment. Now in its second year, the Clean at Sephora platform includes over 68 brands and 2,800 products.
• Sephora helps lead the way on issues of ingredient safety and sustainability with a new public chemicals policy that transparently lays out the retailer’s vision and goals for the future. With the goal of a 50% reduction in the number of products containing a list of chemicals that our own Sephora teams as well as our partners in the health and environmental space have identified as problematic.
• Additionally, Sephora is participating member of industry led groups and efforts including the Beauty and Personal Care (BPC) Leadership Group and the Green Chemistry and Commerce (GC3).
To learn more about Sephora and its sustainability efforts, please visit SephoraStands.com. For more information on Sephora please reach out to PR@sephora.com or visit the newsroom.